Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Repairs Dublin

Options
  • 02-02-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a bit of a ding in the front bumper of my 320D and I am wondering can somebody recommend me a good garage in Dublin to get it fixed/replace? I'm living in Kilmainham, but I dont really mind taking it anywhere in Dublin as long as they are good/
    The fella who dinged it is paying, so I am not majorly worried about the price, but I am sure he might ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Carcraft - www.carcraft.ie

Used them a few time for minor dings and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Dennings near the Spawell in Templogue do good work. I'd recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 user_emile

I used White and Delahunty Motors (Toyota dealers) in Sallynoggin to do a front end repair some time ago on my golf and found them excellent. I could not fault the body work nor paint job which matched the car colour perfectly.

http://www.toyota.ie/toyota-dealers/dealer/56e60493-52e0-40ae-a67c-0414a0d5fc3d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

jayok wrote: »
    Carcraft - www.carcraft.ie

Used them a few time for minor dings and no problems.

Seconded, Con and the boys have helped me out in double quick time in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I'd recommend Carcraft as well - Soraghans on the Navan Road are excellent too, but expensive - which isn't your concern I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

carcraft gets my vote too, have used them twice and most recently 2 weeks ago and cant fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Nice one for that fellas, going to send them a few pics to get a quote for the repairs.
    Any of you heard of ace autos up in Finglas, they do all the bodywork for Joe Duffy motors allegedly?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

milltown wrote: »
    Dennings near the Spawell in Templogue do good work. I'd recommend them.

Recommend Dennings also, got some work done there on my BMW last year and can't fault it. BMW approved AFAIK.

Nice one for that fellas, going to send them a few pics to get a quote for the repairs.
    Any of you heard of ace autos up in Finglas, they do all the bodywork for Joe Duffy motors allegedly?

yep, they are excellent but very expensive, they quoted 800e for a job that carcraft done for 260.

gumbo wrote: »
    yep, they are excellent but very expensive, they quoted 800e for a job that carcraft done for 260.
    Cheers for that. I am getting a quote back from them tomorrow. I also hope to get a quote from carcraft at some stage tomorrow and see what happens after that.

Any budding body work experts tell me if this would be a repair or a replacement job?
    (See attached pic)

• Advertisement

Cheers for that. I am getting a quote back from them tomorrow. I also hope to get a quote from carcraft at some stage tomorrow and see what happens after that.

Any budding body work experts tell me if this would be a repair or a replacement job?
    (See attached pic)

you could have a go at getting it heat treated, seemly they heat the plastic so it becomes flexable, try to get it back into shape and then paint as required.

50/50 at this stage, wouldnt be surprised if this is a replacement bumper job tbh.

Can I just give a big thanks to everybody here who recommended carcraft to me for getting my bumper repaired. Have to say, they did a top notch job, sound bunch of lads. Couldn't recommend them highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Good of you to report back. Throw up an "after" pic

I'll get one tomorra when the light is better. But the whole bumper is as good as new. There was even a few scuff marks scattered across the bumper from the previous owner, and the lads tidied them up as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Oriental Doll

I'll get one tomorra when the light is better. But the whole bumper is as good as new. There was even a few scuff marks scattered across the bumper from the previous owner, and the lads tidied them up as well

Great that they did a fab job for you! Did you have to leave the car there over night or it's just one day job?

Advertisement