Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed! - Novation Nocturn and Traktor Pro

Options
  • 02-02-2010 9:50pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Right so,

I've searched and while theres a few similar questions to mine on the board they all seem to have had their issue resolved!

Ive created the Midi Client within the Automap software by setting Midi in and Midi out to Automap on the Nocturn software and also in the Controller Manager in Traktor.

When I try to get Traktor to learn a command, its just not picking it up!

I have the lastest version of the Automap software and the controller works on Ableton so theres no hardware issue.

I am trying to create a mapping myself as I already use a Numark Omni Control for my main mixing so just importing a tsi file isnt the answer I need. I'm just using the Nocturn to control the effects bank, not as a stand alone mixer.

Anybody out there have the same problem and can help me out....Please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Im using Reason and the automap software and having the exact same problem.everything is set up hunky dorey but the automap isn't regonising any client activity! the keyboard itself works grand so mine ain't a hardware issue either? any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just bought a nocturn off adverts the other day, took me a while to get it working[On Deckadance].

One thing I noticed after I got it going is that there is a sequence to be followed. I have to connect the Novation, run Automap and then connect my other MIDI device(Numark TC). If the TC is connected first Automap locks up. If you had the Omni connected I'd suggest disconnect everything, reboot and try with just the nocturn. Start automap before you open Traktor.

Also, are you trying to use the learn button on the nocturn? I'd suggest ignoring that and use the learn function in Traktor instead.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

The Learn button on Automap doesnt actually work with Traktor.

Got it sorted in the end anyway, was just a Windows profile issue, real annoying!

Now that I have it working its an absoloute beast! Does everything I need it to and more.

Also, the reason Automap is locking up your Total Control is because the MIDI channels are crossing. Try changing the MIDI channel within Automap and it should work properly

Advertisement