Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to Tri

Options
  • 02-02-2010 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Well this is my log where I want to keep track of my attempt to whip my unfit body into shape.

I am 30 years old and have decided that this year I will get my long lost fitness back and train to (hopefully) complete a Triathlon.

When I say I am unfit, I mean seriously. I am also asthmatic which adds to the problem. Before xmas I started the C25k and was plodding along before falling down some stairs and putting it all on hold! But I am now back to health and back to training.

Swimming and cycling are the easy parts, I am quite good at both though I do need to obviously work on speed and endurance. Running is my big downfall....who would of thought bputting one foot in front of the other could be so difficult :rolleyes: so I am concentrating on that for now.

I am proudly up to half mile jog intervals though which is fab for me considering I couldn't even run for 30 seconds when I started!!

I want to start this log to keep track of it all and see how I progress!

Sarah :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smurphe

Tuesday

I am so pleased with todays workout. I cannot believe that a few months ago I was barely able to do a fast walk without my lung bursting and my body screaming at me to stop. Yet today, although working hard, I felt confident and like I could accomplish anything.

My training for today was a warm up walk followed by walk/jog intervals.

Warm Up: 5 mins 436m Average Pace: 11.30
    Jog Int 1: 5.06 804m Average Pace: 6.21
    Walk int: 4.13 404m Average Pace: 10.31
    Jog Int 2: 5.01 804m AveragePace: 6.14....the quickest half mile I have ever done!!!
    Walk int: 4.35 404m Average Pace: 11.24
    Jog Int 3: 5.40 804m Average PAce: 7.03

Total: 3.7km 29mins 37 :D

My next training run is a longer jog interval and I am hoping I can keep it up without stopping. I am just so happy with how far I have come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

smurphe wrote: »
    Well this is my log where I want to keep track of my attempt to whip my unfit body into shape.

I am 30 years old and have decided that this year I will get my long lost fitness back and train to (hopefully) complete a Triathlon.

When I say I am unfit, I mean seriously. I am also asthmatic which adds to the problem. Before xmas I started the C25k and was plodding along before falling down some stairs and putting it all on hold! But I am now back to health and back to training.

Swimming and cycling are the easy parts, I am quite good at both though I do need to obviously work on speed and endurance. Running is my big downfall....who would of thought bputting one foot in front of the other could be so difficult :rolleyes: so I am concentrating on that for now.

I am proudly up to half mile jog intervals though which is fab for me considering I couldn't even run for 30 seconds when I started!!

I want to start this log to keep track of it all and see how I progress!

Sarah :D
    Asthma shouldnt hold you back. Current Kilkenny hurler has asthma and has 6 all ireland medals.
    Best of luck. Slowly into it. Keep intense work at a mininum early in training.
    Stamina Stamina Stamina.............
    You have more that most. Most people starting off cant swim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smurphe

Thursday

OMG I cannot believe I got through this workout and actually found it much easier than I had ever imagined!!
    The two 1.2km jog intervals seemed so daunting, but i flew through the first one and after the half mile walk interval I was dreading the second jog but I pushed on through and completed it without any aches or pains and my breathing was fine!! It was raining the whole time I was out and I am drenched but I love running in that kind of weather.
    I am amazed at how far my running has improved and I am so looking forward the next workout!!

Warm Up: 5.00 484m Avg Pace: 10.19
    Jog int 1: 7.42 1.2km Avg Pace: 6.22
    Walk int: 8.18 804m Avg Pace: 10.20
    Jog int 2: 8.01 1.2km Avg Pace: 6.38

Total: 3.7km in 29mins

Advertisement