Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on changing draw weight compound bow please

Options
  • 02-02-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi all
    I got a nice compound recently a Hoyt. Second hand but a nice bow. Its my first compound and i want to lower the draw weight, which is adjustable from 45 to 60 lbs. I think at the moment its at the higher end and very hard to draw.
    I understand that the weight is adjusted by loosening or tightening the limb bolts (if thats the right technical term?).
    Does anyone know how much I can loosen these? Will they part company with the riser if i loosen them too much? I dont want bits of bow flying all over the place. Or maybe they just loosen out to a certain point and no more?
    I tried to contact Hoyt but that part of their site is down for a while.
    All advice greatly appreciated. Thanks:)
    Heres a pic of the setup
    limb.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭IVRZ

Got the info from the lovely people at Quicks who got back to me in a flash. They might be usefull for anyone seeking information, you'll find them on google

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Yup, Quicks are pretty good for getting back about gear advice, hope ya get the poundage down.

Just be careful, those things can go bing pretty quick with too many turns of a screw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭IVRZ

THanks, it worked a treat just what i needed :)

Advertisement