Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpad erasing half of document ???

Options
  • 02-02-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering does anyone know whats going on here...
    I created a document in microsoft word, saved it in .rtf to make sure that any word processor could open it... Opened in wordpad to make sure that all the formatting etc was ok... Closed it, then re-opened it to find that half of the document had disappeared?

Never seen this happen before and wondering is it something i'm doing wrong (which would surprise me because i'm pretty savvy when it comes to these things usually). Running Windows 7 so its the latest edition of wordpad that its happening with...

Anybody know why this is happening? Its a right pain in the tits because it's a CV and I have to keep re-saving it in .rtf because it keeps erasing the second half of itself.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

save as a .DOC first so you have a full copy

then save as .RTF - and you can revert back to the .DOC if needed

try
    use ctrl-A to select all and cut/paste text into a new .RTF document

try to save as an older .DOC format to see if the problem occurs there

open the .RTF in word, to see if word can read it even if wordpad can't

openoffice may be able to recover the .RTF when the others can't

Advertisement