Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.5mm jack to phono not working

Options
  • 02-02-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I just got a 3.5mm jack to 2phono to connect my mixer to my laptop. The first time it worked ok but the sound quality wasn't that great. Just tried it there again and I could barely hear any sound. Is it a faulty lead or do I need some other equipment?Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Are you looking to record?

Make sure the levels are set correct on the mixer, ensure you have it connected to the line in on your laptop. If there is no LineIn put it into the mic input and see can you change the settings of that input.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lisa8786 wrote: »
    I just got a 3.5mm jack to 2phono to connect my mixer to my laptop. The first time it worked ok but the sound quality wasn't that great. Just tried it there again and I could barely hear any sound. Is it a faulty lead or do I need some other equipment?Thanks

Are you sending sound from the laptop to the mixer or the mixer to the laptop?
    For Mixer to laptop you can often set the profile for the input, mic/Line In etc etc.
    For Laptop to mixer make sure you're connected and set to phono, not line in.

It's Line in not Phono if its from Laptop to Mixer, as far as im aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

No not lookin to record just wanna be able to mix tracks through virtual dj so wanna send sound from the laptop to the mixer. yeah tried line in and phono in and all i'm gettin is static for phono.....well i'll keep messin around with it.

You will need an external soundcard with at least 4 outs, this will allow you split the output from the two virtual decks and channel them to your mixer.

• Advertisement

yeah was just thinkin that....more money :( any idea how much a basic but still fairly decent one would cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You will need an external soundcard with at least 4 outs, this will allow you split the output from the two virtual decks and channel them to your mixer.

A soundcard with two outs will do it, you just use a splitter on each out for stereo, much like the 3.5mm - RCA cable

Lisa8786 wrote: »
    yeah was just thinkin that....more money :( any idea how much a basic but still fairly decent one would cost?

Keep an eye on adverts.ie you can pick up Torq hardware and software for around 120e, there was one up there last week.

Torq for €85

got one today in sounds around for 130, should be the last thing i need to buy for a while hopefully. thanks for advice :)

Advertisement