Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for Absolute Beginner - Child?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 2:49pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My little 8 year old nephew is big into his music. He knows more about iTunes than I do and have a pretty impressive music selection so far. It's mainly from his parents influence so lots of classic rock and some recent chart stuff, but he has a handful of classic house tunes and is eager to get some more. So, I'm going to help him get some more. I was showing him Traktor Pro on my laptop and he was loving it. So, I thought I'd get him started dj'ing - who knows what he could be like if he's starting this young - who know's he'll probably be better than me in a couple of years hahah

I was thinking of getting him AtomixMp3 (the predecessor to Virtual DJ) which is actually what I started on - very simple and basic - however technically its pretty crappy.

I'm wondering is there any newer ones that are very basic but a good one to start one? I was thinking maybe that iTunes DJay: http://www.djay-software.com/ - or maybe even just go the whole way and get him Traktor Duo LE perhaps?

What do you reckon would be best or any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cue LE is pretty straightforward:) Fair play to the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Have you seen these bad boys - Pacemaker? Prob big bucks tho.

Sure throw him in at the deep end - just install Traktor Pro on his laptop and let him play away. Or are you scared he'll put you to shame? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

start him out on this
    http://www.mixxx.org/

its free,meant to be alright

Advertisement