Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to print .PDF files

Options
  • 02-02-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

A client of ours is currently having difficulty printing any .pdf files from Adobe. Basically when they go to print, they get a 'Data Execution Prevention' message, stating the the program needs to be closed down. This happens repeatedly. They can print from other programs fine such as Word etc.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe 9.3 and the same is occurring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

Sounds like a permissions problem - does Adobe spool the file to the hard disc before printing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

homer911 wrote: »
    Sounds like a permissions problem - does Adobe spool the file to the hard disc before printing?

What's the best way to monitor whether or not this happens? Bare in mind I have only got remote access to the site. The Adobe progress bar does appear temporarily alright, but stays at 0%, before that 'Data Execution Prevention' message appears.

I have noticed, at the point where I hit the 'Print' button, an extra process appears in Task Manager. It's called dumprep.exe. Seems to be some kind of log file for errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Well you could try disabling DEP. Link
    Make sure to turn it on again!

Also you could try using a different pdf reader, such as Foxit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...or as another choice there is free Cool PDF Reader to use as well
    Here: http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Sounds like a Print Permissions issue. Who is the pdf document owner???

• Advertisement
Advertisement