Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Photos - 1 Unusual 'Form'?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey Folks

First-time poster, long-time lurker. I have had these photos for a few months and only recently decided to post them.

They were taken in a hotel last October. The hotel is also a very old castle, with lots of history. Friends of mine were playing around with my camera as they explored the place. They decided to take a photo of themselves in a mirror in one of the corridors in the oldest part of the place. That is wkend1crop. They noticed when they took it the third person in the group was only partly in it so they took another one a few seconds later. That is wkend2crop.

Now there are plenty of smudges on the mirror which are pretty obvious. These are even directly over the other mirror in the shot. But they are what they are - dirt. There is also some reflection of the flash etc. These have been largely cropped out to keep my friends identity secret.

But there was one glaring discrepancy - a different colour (blue) to the rest of the flash reflection, and going from the top to bottom of the pic rather than from side to side like the flash reflection. It can be seen over the shoulder of the blond haired girl, in the doorway. They came back with the camera and it was only when I uploaded the images to the laptop did I notice this unusual form in the background. Among those I have shown it to opinions have varied as to what it is...

TBH I have no idea what it is, I know what it looks like. But I was wondering if you more seasoned observers had any thoughts on whether its a trick of the camera or something else...I also hope I have explained the sequence in which the photos were taken clearly?

Also in alot of the other photos of the weekend there are orbs everywhere...and i mean everywhere...although i do subcribe to the idea that these are dust particles....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just looks like a combination of dust, dirt, smudges, and light from the flash.

Dunno why you'd post it here tbh. I'll bet if the same picture was taken in a lovely new semi-detached house in a Dublin suburb (as opposed to a "very old castle with lots of history"), your reaction would be "poxy smudges and dirt ruining my pictures!"

Shows how easily influenced we are by things like that.

In threads like this I tend to look at the pictures before reading the post, because when you tell someone what they're looking for, they tend to see it. When you look at the pictures with unbiased/unprimed eyes, then you just see smudges and dirt, not ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

does kind of look like a figure standing in the corner in that 2nd pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

In the first one you can kinda see a face in the mirror, looks like its shouting. The second looks like the ghost lost interest and wandered off.

Almost certainly dust though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 makaveli_2pac

This is smudge flash reflection off a mirror simple explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Get out the Windolene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Every hair on the back of my neck stood up when i seen the "figure" in the background.. Freaky..:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Looks like a smudge to be honest. Sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭liamwhite

looks like a woman in the mirror... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

stepdoyle wrote: »
    does kind of look like a figure standing in the corner in that 2nd pic
    On the right? If you look at that figure you'll notice that it appears to be standing inside a picture frame. It looks to me that the flash highlighted a figure in the painting.

The cobwebby stuff is most likely hair over the lens.

And the top-to-bottom pale streak is probably from a dodgy camera. My old one started to do similar stuff after it got wet.

Advertisement