Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Education courses

Options
  • 02-02-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi I am interested in doing a course in NUI Maynooth which was recommended to me - for teaching adults or further education.
    Im just wondering has anyone done the Certificate in Training and Continuing Education Level 7 and NUI Diploma in Arts: Training & Development are they both adequate enough to teach.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The_Devil wrote: »
    are they both adequate enough to teach.

It depends on what you want to teach.

Secondary and Third level are out with a level 7 qualification, so what do you want to teach?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

Thanks for getting back to me sorry i was a bit vague - i want to teach adults and early school leavers etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

The_Devil wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me sorry i was a bit vague - i want to teach adults and early school leavers etc...

I currently have a degree in Media and Communications which i got in UK but it doesnt qualify to apply for a Post Grad in Secondary Ed so im looking for other options.

I previously taught TEFL and Adult Literacy classes which i loved and was looking to get back into - but i have no real qualification to back it up.
    I need to do a part time course and i know someone who has the certificate from NUI so i thought that might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you are talking about Further Education, rather than Secondary or Higher Education. At the moment you only need a degree, though a requirement for an education qualification is either very close or has already happened.
    Fas would also accept the qualification you mentioned, they do need an education qualification, but not an H.Dip, unless things have changed recently.
    http://www.educationireland.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=29
    Just noticed that your degree is from the UK, you would need to get it validated, though mostly UK degrees are no problem.
    This has just been sent out by the Teaching Council http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/news/default.asp?NCID=13&NewsID=432

Advertisement