Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More tyre advice 17"...

Options
  • 02-02-2010 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Need to replace 4 205/50 R 17 Contis, don't need anything mega expensive as the car is driven VERY sedately.

Looking at Vredestein Sportrac at €88 a corner before fitting which are cheaper than the Contis, any other suggestions?

A bit reluctant to go down the Fulda, Hankook, Sava route, am I wrong about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Dunlop Sport Maxx

Good mileage, grip and pretty quiet too

Need to replace 4 205/50 R 17 Contis, don't need anything mega expensive as the car is driven VERY sedately.

Not relevent really, ever heard of an emergency stop ? Child running out behind parked car ? etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Bridgestone, Kumho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

RoverJames wrote: »
    Not relevent really, ever heard of an emergency stop ? Child running out behind parked car ? etc etc

:rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes all you want, driven sedately matters not a thing when you need to stop promptly.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    driven sedately matters not a thing when you need to stop promptly.

Funniest post of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Funniest post of the day.

It's a serious business, SD. Don't you know some premium brands are dangerously slippy compared to others.

I'll be getting my Semperit 215/45 R17s tomorrow. Can give a review if you'd like.

cantdecide wrote: »
    It's a serious business, SD. Don't you know some premium brands are dangerously slippy compared to others.

I do understand that tyres vary wildly, hence my comments in the first post about Fulda, Hankook, Sava, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

cantdecide wrote: »

Sarcasm. With tyre regs, there can't be all that much difference in braking performance unless comparing the very best with very worst.
    I do understand that tyres vary wildly, hence my comments in the first post about Fulda, Hankook, Sava, etc.

I get it. You're looking for squidgy comfortable tyres if possible in your size. ie not highly strung, hard, performance tyres.

Advertisement