Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day 8, Hour 6 [9 p.m. - 10 p.m.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 02-02-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭

Well it was good enough.. still don't like the Dana story but at least it moving on..

thats one tough father.

Rate Day 8, Hour 6[9 p.m. - 10 p.m] 21 votes

0% 0 votes
    4% 1 vote
    9% 2 votes
    47% 10 votes
    23% 5 votes
    14% 3 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Loved this Episode. The father mob figure, is I think, one of the cooler villians 24 has had in a long time. Poor Renee, sh1tty day again for her. Good season going so far.
    I'm praying that Dana will double cross those nimwits and that her story will be done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Solid episode. Really need double bills ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, I thought things were happening slowly but I think it's because the memory of getting four episodes in a row is so fresh... one episode is just too little.

Solid entry though, less Dana crap (but still way too much, move past it already) and Renee is getting to breaking point I'd guess. It'll be interesting to see what happens with her.

I think the Russian son might now rat out the father or something - it has to be going somewhere...

"German" bookworm Jack was great too :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

ha only now noticed vladimir is leoben from BSG, wonder if hinself and cara will meet this season, :D

a good solid episode, the dana story didnt protrude to much, and what was there of it was tollerable, and now shes been seen by yeman she works with, so hopefully well be rid of it in the next 3-4 eps,

german jack i thought was funny, but it was good to see jack actually having to do a good cover, them russians really are idiots, as if soom guy is gonna walk up and hand over 5 mill without some protection, c'mon like,

i hope renee kills vladimir, or maybe cut off some parts at least,

the russian father is a little nuts all the same, why the heck would you kill your son if you knew he would live, and the older son is really seems old enough to take on daddy in a fight you would think,

i gave it an eight, strongest ep this season,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good episode but bit of a filler. The dana thread is predictable - and very boring. The leech that works with her could have been done so many times already for sexual harassment, I'm surprised such a leech would even get that far job opportunity-wise.

The Russian thread holds more interest and possible reason for hope in the series picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

German Jack was a good laugh.

Solid episode. 7/10

Looks like we are at least getting the usual double episode in a month but I agree 1 ep at a time is too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

This Renne with the Russians storyline is great! Just getting better and better. Dana storyline starting to pick up SOME pace but, like someone else said, still very boring. I'd give it an 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Renee is great, she's really adding to the season. Well acted flawed character. Brings a darker tone and edge to proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

who needs Kim when you can have Renee :D

nicely moving along..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

who needs Kim when you can have Renee :D

nicely moving along..

Ah cmon, she's not in that league! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

sdonn wrote: »

Lol she is! Something about her...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Are the double episodes a permanent thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Russians are becoming more like the characters in Eastern Promise each week.

Boomer and a cylon.

Nice sub-plots keep it moving a long nicely.

Renne's character has changed since the Day 7. In Day 7 she was disgusted at the idea of torture yet no we are to believe part of her back story is as an undercover FBI agent with the Russian Mafia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Are the double episodes a permanent thing?

Nope. We're getting 2 episodes on the 8th of March (well, 9th for us :)) and then I don't think there's any double episode airings until the finale in late May...
    Elmo wrote: »
    Boomer and a cylon.

Starbuck and a cylon.
    Elmo wrote: »
    Renne's character has changed since the Day 7. In Day 7 she was disgusted at the idea of torture yet no we are to believe part of her back story is as an undercover FBI agent with the Russian Mafia?

The timeline doesn't quite add up (as she would have already have gone through all the crap with the Russians before Day 7) but then again, that was only a day in her life and after everything that happened once she met Jack (and the aftermath) could have pushed her over the edge to the state she's in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

J-blk wrote: »
    The timeline doesn't quite add up (as she would have already have gone through all the crap with the Russians before Day 7) but then again, that was only a day in her life and after everything that happened once she met Jack (and the aftermath) could have pushed her over the edge to the state she's in now.

I still think it should have come across in her character during day 7. Not one person on her team mentioned the Russians or her being beaten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

sdonn wrote: »
    I agree but what about President Hassan's daughter? I did a bit of googling on her and turns out she is going out with the guy who played Maurice (Chloe's husband) in real life :eek:

3587097556_ac20866b46_o.jpg
    Nazneen-Contractor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,320 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was that excellent gutair music in this episode or the last one? What was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

noodler wrote: »
    Was that excellent gutair music in this episode or the last one? What was it?

Was that when Jack was walking towards the fence where he looked at the Russians and Renee, after it seemed like they were going to kill her? This episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,320 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thats when alright, it was fairly consistent throughout the episode though.

Advertisement