Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why all the ambulances yesterday?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 7:56am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

there was a lot of.them at the sports hall around 6 yesterday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Yeah I saw when the first one arrived with a fire truck... don't know what happened. some sort of sports injury I assume since fire trucks usually go with an ambulance if they think there's a back injury or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I don't wish to speculate on what may have occurred yesterday (it is an individual's medical condition after all), but fire tenders are sometimes sent to urgent medical calls as a first response, with an ambulance to follow. All Dublin Fire Brigade firefighters are also EMTs, paramedics or advanced paramedics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Kwekubo wrote: »
    fire tenders are sometimes sent to urgent medical calls as a first response, with an ambulance to follow

The fire truck arrived with an ambulance yesterday. The ambulance then went up to the the entrance to the sports centre and the fire truck parked opposite the entrance to the lloyd, looking like they were just waiting there in case they were needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Ye.. fire trucks are usually sent for spinals..
    Another ambulance arrived today at about 2.. Seemed to be directed towards the sports centre by security..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misslily

there may not necessarily have been an accident (though if the ambulance was backed up to the sports center like you say then it probably was) but the pearse street fire brigade services have been known to come onto campus and drive around as training for recruits due to how much of a pain in the ass it is to drive around Trinity. the thinking being if you can drive a fire brigade around all the nooks and crannies of campus then your a pretty good driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Hmmm... maybe something to do with assassin starting?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

misslily wrote: »
    there may not necessarily have been an accident (though if the ambulance was backed up to the sports center like you say then it probably was) but the pearse street fire brigade services have been known to come onto campus and drive around as training for recruits due to how much of a pain in the ass it is to drive around Trinity. the thinking being if you can drive a fire brigade around all the nooks and crannies of campus then your a pretty good driver.

If it was driver training they werent doing much training

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

i'm tempted to start a rumour as to the reasons they were there. but i won't.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Heard another 'get out of my way' type siren today just outside the hamilton. You know the 'whooop.' kinda ones where they turn it on and off really quickly

Randomly found out that someone dislocated an arm (can you even do that?) at a trampolining session one of the days, and there was ambulances/fire engines hanging around for ages - the poor girl didnt manage to leave for an hour apparently?! So that explains there presence somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Wtf, was she trapped?

You can dislocate your elbow, here's a video of some tools doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ouch...

Back in the old Luce hall I had to be carted away in an ambulance after dislocating my shoulder. That was the second emergency vehicle brought on campus because of me.

Nah wasn't trapped as far as I'm aware they just took their time moving her?! Delicate situation I guess.. I assume she is ok now though.

Advertisement