Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre assistance please

Options
  • 02-02-2010 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭

Hi

Need to get two new tyres for my Lexus LS400. 225/60/16. Prices on blackcircles and camskill is it ? etc from £50 up to £150 or so a tyre , asking anyone here in Dublin about 170 a tyre.

Anyone know what I <Should> be putting on it, don't do much mileage.

TIA

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Hankook would be good

http://www.eiretyres.com/

what mpg are u getting out of that ls400. wat year/?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,028 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not a tyre recommendation as such...

Just letting you know that you are recommended to put the new tyres on the rear rather than the front.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

If its a 16" tyre, tyres wont be overly expensive. Personally i'd go with something along the lines of Kumhos. Good tyre and nice wearing time length. Budget tyres will wear easily and wont grip the best compared to the likes of Kumho, Pirellli, Bridgestone etc. Better buying once and spending the cash rather than twice IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭trellheim

It's a 00 LS400, I've been driving them for years now. Typical mpg of a 400 is 18 round town, 30+ on open motorway at the speed limit.

Thanks for assist re tyres anyone else any opinion ?

Advertisement