Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 Opel Vectra

Options
  • 02-02-2010 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Was looking at an 01 Vectra at the weekend in Northern Ireland for £1,600. It is hatchback, club model with a 1.6 engine 75 thousand miles.

Anyone any thoughts on these cars? Seems like a good deal.

I am tempted to spend a bit more and move further up the years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Why would you bother going to the hassel of going to the North for one of these cars when they can be bought be half nothing down here:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200926194398561

I'd insist they put it through the NCT as a condition of the sale though.

Regarding the car itself, I had one of these (a 1999 model) and it was the worst car I ever owned. Only had it for 18 months before getting rid of it but during that time there was always something wrong with it. Electrics were a nightmare from faulty window regulators to non functioning stereo controls on the steering wheel, climate control also gave trouble on it and the 1.8 litre engine drank petrol. Now maybe I had a Monday morning job but between the car and the useless dealer it put me off the brand for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The Vectra of that vintage is pure crap. Spend your €2000 on something half decent. An Octavia or Passat spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Not worth anything like £1600, ask him for money to take it off his hands IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Confab wrote: »
    The Vectra of that vintage is pure crap. Spend your €2000 on something half decent. An Octavia or Passat spring to mind.

X2

If you do choose to go further up the years on the Vectra, just ensure to buy a CDTi model and not the DTi model. The 02 range of vectras also gave a few faults as it was the new model. Worked in an opel garage for few months. You get told these little things! lol

Advertisement