Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am I able to get money back on insurance?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My sister recently got a new car and it would be really handy if I could get insured as a named driver untill the end of her policy which is untill November 2010(10 months away). Shes insured with Quinn who will only do one months insurance in an insured year or they will insure me untill Nov(they end of her policy). The problem I have is that I mite be going away to America in June and may not be coming back any time soon. Does anyone know if i was to pay the full price for the 10 months and do end up going to America would they they give me the 7 months which has been payed in advance back to me?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The only way to know for sure is to ask them. It'll only take a quick call, from your Sis, to find out. You can usually add people for as long or short as you like. But it all depends on her policy

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gorjess-girlie

I'm with Axa and I recently sold my car. I rang them and asked if I could get a refund for the rest of the insurance (3 months) and I was told I could, provided I sent in the insurance disc and a letter etc.

Advertisement