Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 USB Hdd

Options
  • 01-02-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, is it possible to use the "Install To Hard Drive" game option using a USB Hdd connected? Or is that option solely used for the 360's boot drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    Guys, is it possible to use the "Install To Hard Drive" game option using a USB Hdd connected? Or is that option solely used for the 360's boot drive?

The option is solely to be used with an official xbox 360 hard drive I'm afraid.

However, if you manage to XBReboot/XeLL up a console you can use any hard drive you want which is why I'll be ordering a nice 1TB drive soon enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The option is solely to be used with an official xbox 360 hard drive I'm afraid.

However, if you manage to XBReboot/XeLL up a console you can use any hard drive you want which is why I'll be ordering a nice 1TB drive soon enough :)

Cheers man, I thought as much. Now you've given me an actual reason to mod an xbox...any thoughts on where to pick up a suitably un-upgraded one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cheers man, I thought as much. Now you've given me an actual reason to mod an xbox...any thoughts on where to pick up a suitably un-upgraded one?

RoyalmarineComm is on the lookout for one himself. There's BrendanD who seems to have a few in various state of repair (e.g. no DVD drive) but he's down in Limerick, other repairers could have some spares that are up to the task too.

All you need is the mobo because once you read the Nand and flash XeLL on it you can read the fuses. Fuses 3+5 or 4+6 are the CPU Key, you can then use 360 Flash Tool to decrypt the KeyVault using that CPU Key which will provide you with the DVD Key and model of the drive that was originally used. Then you can source a spare drive and rebuild yourself a nice JTAG'd xbox :)

I went for the Scorpio Blue WD5000BEVT 500GB drive in the end, with a $10 case off DX - sure, it doesn't have the chrome around the outside of the case because it's a knock off but hey, 500GB drive for about €70 all in, happy days :D

I dont see the point of resurrecting this thread, its defunct now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

moved ian's post to the sticky, he must have gotten a little lost :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iand77

Ha Ha..;).Thanks for your guidance ohh gr8 1..Ya knock a guy for trying to get some attention..;)

iand77 wrote: »
    Ha Ha..;).Thanks for your guidance ohh gr8 1..Ya knock a guy for trying to get some attention..;)

I mistook you for some rule breaking lout :o My mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

iand77 wrote: »

well whats the point in having the power if you cant abuse it :)

Advertisement