Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number Plates

Options
  • 01-02-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey there,
    Any one know of preferably IRL company that make decent number plate for motorbikes??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If you're in Cork, Monplate in Carrigtwohill turn out quality work. It's all they do, and they make a good living from it.

Otherwise go to your local signwriter and discuss what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

+1 for monplate

Used them a few times.. Never had any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mona Lott

Are yez still allowed to put slogans on plates or are you just waiting to get pulled by the rozzers for an illegal plate?? (genuine question)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Mona Lott wrote: »
    Are yez still allowed to put slogans on plates or are you just waiting to get pulled by the rozzers for an illegal plate?? (genuine question)

i dont think you were ever allowed.. at least not in the last 20 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

Try.

Europlates
    Trim Road Dunboyne Co Meath

* Tel: (01)8251804

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 foregloss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Pretty sure you're not allowed put slogans on number plates but the old gem "sure it was on it when I got it" can be used. In fairness if all they have to be worrying about is a bloody number plate then it's a crime free world we're living in!

Himself had a number plate on his last R1 about the size of a dvd case (in fairness it was actually on it when he bought it) and he only got asked once about it, told the copper it was on it when he bought it (he was stopped within a week of buying the bike and still had the receipt in his pocket) so the copper just left it there and he got no more hassle about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Had "wannabe gixxer " on me bandit numberplate and it was a fairly small numberplate aswell. Was told to put a normal size one on it, never said anything about wannabe gixxer. Never changed the number plate either.
    The numberplate I have on me gixxer is fooking tiny. Barely see the yoke meself. Put a normalish sized plate on it just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The smallest legal size for a bike is half the width and height of a car/truck 'square' plate, 170x110mm, or about 6.5x4.5 inches in old money

Seeing a bike going around with a truck plate on it always gives me a laugh...

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1999/en/si/0432.html
    18. In the case of an identification mark exhibited on a bicycle, an invalid carriage or a pedestrian-controlled vehicle:-

(a) any of the dimensions prescribed in paragraph 5, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16 or 17 of this Schedule may be reduced to an amount which is not less than half of the amount so prescribed

(Before anyone says a motorcycle isn't a bicycle, see Schedule 1 of this )

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Please let the zombie thread die in peace.

I am pretty sure the OP is sorted with a number plate after 18 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Could be helpful for someone else?

Advertisement