Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average FPS of Aeg's in Ireland

Options
  • 01-02-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I was wondering what would be the national average.
    I would guess it’s around 280 to 290fps. Also it would be an interesting experiment if all sites kept a record of there crono's for 6 months as it would show up some interesting data on the quality & maintenance of Aeg's used.
    Lets take it as a given .20g are used.
    Hop-up is off
    Its not to hot or cold
    All normal rules apply

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Jimkil wrote: »
    I was wondering what would be the national average.
    I would guess it’s around 280 to 290fps. Also it would be an interesting experiment if all sites kept a record of there crono's for 6 months as it would show up some interesting data on the quality & maintenance of Aeg's used. Can someone post a poll asking were does your Aeg average at.
    Thanks

My MP5A5 would be around 310 with .20g. And that would be around the same for most of the AEG's that i've ever owned.

Regarding the poll,you could of set up one yourself ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Well the average is under 1J! heh. Usually 300-320 I'd say, but nobody can really guestimate the answer with variation as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Firekitten wrote: »
    , but nobody can really guestimate the answer with variation as it is.

It could depend on the weather (hot or cold) sometimes too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

0.2-0.3 jules, that'l bring the average down :D
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You know... i wonder if we're going to end up with 8-9 pages of posts, with nearly everyone saying "about 290-328..."

If we are, I will give a preemptive facepalm.

To the OP: if you're looking for the avrerage FPS to upgrade your gun over it to have an advantage... lol, trust me, it wont help or make a blind bit of difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Does it matter? To be honest, as Firekitten said, the average is under a joule. The most common I see is 310-320fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Firekitten wrote: »
    You know... i wonder if we're going to end up with 8-9 pages of posts, with nearly everyone saying "about 290-328..."

If we are, I will give a preemptive facepalm.

And a few posts in between saying:

"there's no way to get an accurate figure"

"yeah I agree it's too hard to find the average"

"yeah I agree with both you guys"

Then someone comes by...."alri, i'm new 2 airsoft..want to by a gun, wats de best 1?":pac:

:)

Blay wrote: »
    And a few posts in between saying:

"there's no way to get an accurate figure"

"yeah I agree it's too hard to find the average"

"yeah I agree with both you guys"

Then someone comes by...."alri, i'm new 2 airsoft..want to by a gun, wats de best 1?":pac:

:)

Thats sounds about right yeah lol :D
    xXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

facepalm.jpg

rofl.jpg
    xXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If you are doing your own upgrades, aim for 300-310, anything above can easily go up on its own depending on bb brand, hop wear, air seal not to mention the weather.

Not exactly on topic, but if anyone is chasing the magic 320+, don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,707 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If we had high limits like many other countries, this thread would have merit.

However, as we're limited legally to 1 joule, and there's such variation within that range due to temparature/air pressure etc, there's really nothing to discuss. Most people will be between 290 and 320. That's your average.

Until of course the 'MY GUN SHOOTS AT 500FPS SNIPORZ RULES!' people come along. Which I would rather not attract to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement