Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Form Query

Options
  • 01-02-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a basic script to input some separate variables (numbers), put them in ascending numerical order and then enter them in separate columns a SQL database. I also want the form to record an email address and discard the form input if the same user try's to enter data twice.

Are there any freeware scripts that could do that? Or even the bones of it?? I have basic PHP skill's but not enough to implement the above.

Many Thanks.

ironclaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you write out the code as pseudo code?
    If you can do this then it is not a huge step to convert it into PHP.

Do you have the form created in html?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

daymobrew wrote: »
    Can you write out the code as pseudo code?
    If you can do this then it is not a huge step to convert it into PHP.

Do you have the form created in html?

Its a basic form on a HTML page. I'm using FormTools (http://formtools.org/) as the backend as I've been using it for ages and its really versatile.

The form has seven fields.

A Email Address

And fields 2 - 7 are boxes (or drop downs) that are to accept numbers up within a certain range

This is then to send then POST the info to process.php (Part of FormTools) where I'd like the following to happen:

1) Check email isn't already in database and its valid (Simple @ symbol check), if not, proceed
    2) Check all numbers are within range
    3) Put numbers in numerical order
    4) Enter in SQL Database

But my PHP really isn't up to the task. Any help would be great!

ironclaw.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Its a basic form on a HTML page. I'm using FormTools (http://formtools.org/) as the backend as I've been using it for ages and its really versatile.
    As you are looking to extend your FormTools installation, it might be worth asking for help at the FormTools forum.
    But my PHP really isn't up to the task. Any help would be great!
    What PHP do you know?
    Is this for an school/college/work assignment?

Teaser: For step 3 you can use the sort function.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

daymobrew wrote: »
    As you are looking to extend your FormTools installation, it might be worth asking for help at the FormTools forum.
    What PHP do you know?
    Is this for an school/college/work assignment?

Teaser: For step 3 you can use the sort function.

Thanks for the reply. I know very basic PHP. I can understand most of it but I amn't capable of writing any in a meaningful way.

Its a personal project with myself and mate. No way related to college or work business.

EDIT: Could the form page be scripted in PHP to do the nessisary checks and ordering, then send the info to Process.php of FormTools?

EDIT: Could the form page be scripted in PHP to do the nessisary checks and ordering, then send the info to Process.php of FormTools?
    That question is best posted on the FormTools forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement