Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Website Selling 4x4 Commercials?

Options
  • 01-02-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I've been looking on the net for a while now for used commercial jeeps in the UK. Are they a rarity in UK or am I looking in the wrong places? Have tried the usuals, auto trader, exchange & mart etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Commercial 4x4's are rare in the UK, unlike here the tax is not based on displacement and so it makes no sense to have no windows.
    If you are looking for one just buy one in good nick and convert it or have it converted.
    Colm's thread on making a commercial is a good place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mitsubishi do a commercial version of the Shogun in the UK called the Shogun van, they're very basic though. Land Rover also did a commercial Disco by special order.

Best thing as suggested is buy a high spec passenger and convert it (like I did!)

Also do your homework on VRT as a lot of SWB jeeps don't qualify for €50 VRT

Advertisement