Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement of the receipt for a GP

Options
  • 01-02-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Not sure if it is the right forum, maybe the moderator will move the thread somewhere else...

I recently changed my GP, went to another one once in Doughiska, Galway.
    I misplaced one of the receipts and called this new GP to get a replacement. I was told basically that's too time consuming for them.
    They were also very rude and dismissive. While my previous GP used to do yearly print out receipt.
    Is there any way to get a copy of the receipt?
    Any advice?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭chocfan

Having previously worked as a GP receptionist, I think that was a pretty rude response you got there!

I have no idea what their system is like but given that I think the majority of GPs have computerised records these days, it should take a couple of seconds for the receptionist to load your account and print a receipt. I'd ring up again if I were you and be very firm that you need it. Suggest that you could call in for it the following day or something to give them a little bit of time

Not sure by your post if it was the GP or receptionist you were talking to-my guess would be the receptionist? If they're still sticky about it when you ring up, ask if you can talk to the GP to explain the situation and I'm sure they'll suddenly have the time to do it for you

It will probably take mere seconds-the laziness of some people is incredible!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Probably more consumer issues, but although the GP is within his/her rights it's very poor form.
    It should be good practice to issue yearly receipts and if not then you'd have to wonder whether good records are being kept at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I've seen this notice in several GP surgeries that I was in over the last several months. In these days of IT records, I did think it was appalling that such practice was carried out. Pharmacies regularly reprint receipts for customers who are claiming on the MED1, and unless a surgery is still in the dark ages, I don't see why they couldn't either.

Advertisement