Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone uses register365?

Options
  • 01-02-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi.

It's time to renew my website, and while IEInternet want close to €300, register365 want ... less than €50 for the same service!

IEInternet agreed to reduce their cost to around €200 after I told them about register365, but claim to have a superior service than other hosting companies.

IEInternet did provide me with a very good service for the last 7 years, and I have no idea about register365.

Saving €150 is tempting, but since half of my business comes from the Internet, uptime and reliability are very important for me.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanking you.

Shay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

p.s. this includes IE domain name registration + basic hosting
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 uniqpers

I use them for some small projects that i do. Nothing substantial but i've had no problem with them so far.

Your hosting company might be providing you with more services than you realise so it might be a good idea to get a run down of everything they give you and find comparative prices elsewhere.

uniqpers wrote: »
    Your hosting company might be providing you with more services than you realise so it might be a good idea to get a run down of everything they give you and find comparative prices elsewhere.

I really do need only domain name + basic hosting at this stage. Might require PHP later, but think register365 has this too.

Thank you for your reply.

Shay.

is no one else using register365?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

shayleon wrote: »
    is no one else using register365?
    Thanks.

Yap i use them and i have several websites and e-mail address. I like their support its quick and easy to use most of the time. Never have any problems with them.

• Advertisement

Wonderful. Thanks! I feel much more reassured now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are plenty of hosting companies offering competitive prices. Shop around and see if you can find a company that offers something that you need at a price that you like.

Bear in mind, however, that cost should not be the only deciding factor.

Some of the largest Irish providers are the ones listed here:
    http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/IE

Since my requirements at this stage are pretty minimal (I might go drupal later, but this still does not require anything special), I reckon price is an important factor if stability,reliability and uptime are all 100%.

Unfortunately no one reports their downtime and stability issues, which is why I was hoping for some insight here.

If there is anything else you think I should look at, please let me know.

Thanks

Unfortunately no one reports their downtime and stability issues, which is why I was hoping for some insight here.

"Downtime" is always a hard one to gauge.

Most larger hosting providers will have dozens if not hundreds of servers, so while a single server might have an issue, it is a lot less likely that all of them will be impacted at once.

The best thing to do would be to google for the company names you are interested in checking up

eg. company problems,company service, company support

Thank you blacknight for your reply. Your advice saved me from making a big mistake, and actually so far the reviews of blacknight are awesome!

• Advertisement

Am I risking any SEO by moving servers?
    Thanks.

Am I risking any SEO by moving servers?
    Thanks.

As long as you aren't restructuring your website at the same time - probably not - no

Advertisement