Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduce Lease

Options
  • 01-02-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭

How likely are landlords to agree to a shorter lease? I've been looking at a few places on the internet which would be pretty good for me. Problem is most of them are 1-year lease. I plan on being there for that long, but never know what will happen with my job, so I'd prefer to have a shorter lease of maybe 3 months. 6 months maximum I reckon.

I'd like to be able to negiotiate prices with the landlord, but negotiating the length of the lease might be pushing it a bit too much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can ask. It will suit some people (student away for the summer) and not others. It impairs your ability to haggle on price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Victor wrote: »
    You can ask. It will suit some people (student away for the summer) and not others. It impairs your ability to haggle on price though.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I think I'd prefer the shorter lease. At least after maybe 6 months I might be able to get them down on price then if they know I'm a good tenant

Advertisement