Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 7 Randomly Freezing

Options
  • 01-02-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Installed Win 7 last night. Big change for me as I skipped Vista completley. I'm finding that it is randomly freezing after various amounts of time. I've read up a bit and it would seem to indicate device drivers.

The only drivers I dont have at the moment are for the X-Fi card, so I'll get these downloaded today. Where does event viewer live in Win 7? I want to get a look to see if there are any indications as to the reason for the freezes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

TheFairy wrote: »
    Installed Win 7 last night. Big change for me as I skipped Vista completley. I'm finding that it is randomly freezing after various amounts of time. I've read up a bit and it would seem to indicate device drivers.

The only drivers I dont have at the moment are for the X-Fi card, so I'll get these downloaded today. Where does event viewer live in Win 7? I want to get a look to see if there are any indications as to the reason for the freezes.

I had the same problems when I went to 7. Just one question, do you have it installed on a laptop? If so turn to power options to high performance mode and that should sort it out. It did for me. Has not froze in the past 4 weeks now.

I went through all the drivers and what everyone was suggesting but it made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

No its on a desktop, but I will check that out. Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Could be power options, it spins down the hard drives and turns off stuff when not in use, kind of annoying

If you type Event Viewer into the start menu it should show the link btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Sounds like a driver issue. Is it 64bit or 32bit version?
    Did you update your chipset drivers?

If you continue to have issues, i recommend driversweeper.
    Also memtest might be worth a look if the new drivers don't help.

What type of cpu/motherboard do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 thxireland

wat spec is your your computer i.e graphics cards ram processor etc.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement