Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time courses for mature students

Options
  • 31-01-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone happen to know if there are part time courses one can do as a mature student.
    my son has done nothing about applying for a place in regular college even though he is the one who says he want to go. I think its a terrible idea. its too late now anyway.
    he is interested in either new media/radio television or some kind of food business course.
    help.. he want me to sort it tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,256 ✭✭✭✭looksee

With the greatest respect to you and your willingness to help him out, as a mature student your son must be over 23. If he can't organise himself into college at this stage then it is not your responsibility to do it for him.
    I know this is not what you asked, in fact there are no part time college courses as you describe, unless he can find an evening class that will give him reduced or free access being unemployed.
    It is not too late to get into Further Education for next September. The other possible alternative might be FAS, but neither FAS nor a College of FE would respond well to you making enquiries for him, he needs to do it himself.

Advertisement