Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time and place to buy a new snowboard

Options
  • 31-01-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Looking to make the leap into getting a board, have managed to secure mission bindings 09 and vans encore boots for a good price, now all I need to worry about is the board, is it cheaper to buy in the UK. I'll be over there a few times over the next few months... Any advice would be much appreciated... Any advice on what board to go for would be great too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

I picked up a board from a place called SierraSnowboard.com. They have great deals at the moment. They got a board made by Burton called the Sierra Crew. Apparently it's the same as a Burton Custom and it's only $249. You will be hit with a customs charge if you order from there, but it will be in the region of €40, which still gets you a great board for around €230.

There's a trick to getting cheap shipping on the site, basically fill in your county into the State field, and it will calculate your shipping. It will start out at around $40 - $60. Just keep changing the county from say Dublin to Co. Dublin and tab out of the field and it will re-calculate the shipping. Eventually it sets the shipping to $19. Leave it alone at that point and you got cheap shipping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 castlemoy

hi i have a board for sale if you are interested brand new never used.i got it as a present but dont want it.if you are interested please pm me.will deliver to you aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

id try irishsnowboards.com or onboard in duke lane.Both are doing good deals on snowboards and will knock a load off snowboard prices.I got a great discount on the new evil twin which worked out much cheaper than prdering abroad when implrt charges were included plus if i have any problems the shop is 20 mins away and not abroad which is much moer difficult to handle if problems arise

Advertisement