Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl Betting

Options
  • 31-01-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I guess we should get the ball rolling on this. The saints are riding for a hiding in this one and i think that Josph Addai to get Superbowl MVP is not a bad shout. The saints don't defend the run well and the Colts will run the ball a lot to keep the saints defence tired and off balance. Brees was not at his best in the conference final and only the laws of chance conspired to put them through.

In summary
    Donald Brown to get first TD at 25/1
    Joseph Addai to get MVP at 20/1
    Colts (-5.5) to beat the spread 10/11

anyone else got anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Hope your right dont particularly like the Saints and think the Colts are a far more rounded team.

Colts by at least two scores

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

U will get evens if u look around later n da week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭eldrickwoods

yeah. fair point. alot of them will flip to 20/21 later in the week for sure - maybe not evs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

The Colts only ever run the ball to keep the defense honest, there's not a hope of Addai being the MVP. If the Colts win it'll be Manning and if the Saints win it'll be Brees, or at a long stretch, Reggie Bush. The Colts are a more balanced team, but both teams have insane passing games and I definitely wouldn't take the Colts to do the Saints by two scores either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

i have found in playoff matches doing the hcp is a bit dodgey as there will be so much messing running down the clock,
    i will opt instead to increase my stake on the colts in case it's a close affair

• Advertisement

Karlusss wrote: »
    The Colts only ever run the ball to keep the defense honest, there's not a hope of Addai being the MVP. If the Colts win it'll be Manning and if the Saints win it'll be Brees, or at a long stretch, Reggie Bush. The Colts are a more balanced team, but both teams have insane passing games and I definitely wouldn't take the Colts to do the Saints by two scores either.

Addai is the chief RB in the likely winning team against a defense that does not defend the run well. he is also getting more catches this season - averaging nearly 3.5 a game. Of course manning is the most likely MVP candidate but 20/1 is good value - not saying it's going to happen but it is a good value bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Trampas

colts will not run the ball over pass.

Manning will be passing the ball around.

They only use the run to make a change from pass all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Addai is the chief RB in the likely winning team against a defense that does not defend the run well. he is also getting more catches this season - averaging nearly 3.5 a game. Of course manning is the most likely MVP candidate but 20/1 is good value - not saying it's going to happen but it is a good value bet.

I'd want Addai to be consideribly longer than 20/1 before I even contemplate betting on him. Addai isnt the player he was coming out of college and is no longer an explosive back, he's averaging below 4 yards a carry and that wont get it done in the Superbowl. The Colts dont run the ball extensivly and Manning hasnt had the need to use his checkdowns too often. If the Colts win Manning will be MVP, but if youre looking for an out of the box player how about Piere Garcon, he returns kicks and has shown himself to have Mannings trust in the postseason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

any tips on a td scorer anytime? seems the odds on the colts are too short unless you put a ton on them

frostie500 wrote: »
    I'd want Addai to be consideribly longer than 20/1 before I even contemplate betting on him. Addai isnt the player he was coming out of college and is no longer an explosive back, he's averaging below 4 yards a carry and that wont get it done in the Superbowl. The Colts dont run the ball extensivly and Manning hasnt had the need to use his checkdowns too often. If the Colts win Manning will be MVP, but if youre looking for an out of the box player how about Piere Garcon, he returns kicks and has shown himself to have Mannings trust in the postseason

number of kick returns by Garcon this season = 0. he also has less receptions than addai this season (although did miss 2.5 games). PP have come with prices today and addai is 25/1. take it or bet on Garcon. up to you.

• Advertisement

any tips on a td scorer anytime? seems the odds on the colts are too short unless you put a ton on them

nothing to take my fancy in that market x. i'll be avoiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

I agree that Manning is nailed on to get MVP should the Colts win, laddies were going 5/4 yesterday, into evens now but still a bet imo

radharc wrote: »
    I agree that Manning is nailed on to get MVP should the Colts win, laddies were going 5/4 yesterday, into evens now but still a bet imo

5/4 a good shout. evens is generous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

ive gone for Saints h/t f/t 41/10

underdogs i know but just a bet for interest really.

also threw a few quid on this lol
    Who will the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV Thank First?

*Applies to acceptance speech broadcast on TV ONLY
    God 11/10
    Teammates 7/4
    Family 6/1
    Coaches 18/1
    Owners 25/1
    Himself 100/1
    Pet 500/1
    Paddy Power 1000/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Saints Garrett Hartley is 5/6 to get more than 6.5 points and the same odds for under 6.5.
    lm thinking over 6.5 points is a cracking bet.

Any1 else got an opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Karlusss wrote: »

Can't say I didn't warn you gents.

Made some money off the Saints beating a couple of different spreads, and their defense scoring a touchdown, even though I had the Colts to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

If the Colts had won Manning would have been named MVP; Addai played well and the Colts ran well but still no way he would have got the nod.

Advertisement