Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player?

Options
  • 31-01-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Does anybody know if this season of LOST will be available on RTE player? I'm going to miss the first episode (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! But, work calls) and am devastated!!!! I don't like downloading things illegally and I hate watching it on Sky as there are too many badly timed ad breaks!! Most of RTE's other American shows are on it, so I can't see why not...but it would be nice to put my mind at rest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It wasnt on it last year but not many American shows were. Im guessing that it will, as all of the major American Shows are on it such as Mad Men, FlashForward, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty etc.

Although saying that Sky do put Lost on their SKy Player so Im not sure will that interfere with RTE getting the rights to put them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

líreacán wrote: »
    I don't like downloading things illegally
    ah but you'll get over it quickly !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Flash Foward is , so possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I don't like downloading things illegally QUOTE]

why not ??

victimless crime ???

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dman001 wrote: »
    It wasnt on it last year but not many American shows were. Im guessing that it will, as all of the major American Shows are on it such as Mad Men, FlashForward, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty etc.

Although saying that Sky do put Lost on their SKy Player so Im not sure will that interfere with RTE getting the rights to put them online.

RTE will probably have it on the player but not on the international player. So only people in Ireland can watch it, after it has aired here already.

• Advertisement

RTE have a Season 6 promo on the Player so it looks like Season 6 will be pu on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JoeFitz89

RTE have a Season 6 promo on the Player so it looks like Season 6 will be pu on it.

Yes it certainly will be on rte player because on the promo video page they mention in a description that it will be available on the player from 10pm this friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Thanks guys, but got to watch it in the end :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I don't like downloading things illegally

Downloading isn't illegal - uploading is. So just get it from a non-torrent source and you're not breaking the law. :)

Macros42 wrote: »
    Downloading isn't illegal - uploading is. So just get it from a non-torrent source and you're not breaking the law. :)
    This applies to countries like Canada but not here unfortunately.

• Advertisement

It applies here too. It is illegal to provide copyrighted material not acquire it. Our laws are quite outdated and simple in this regard. Downloading is ok. Uploading is not ok. The equivalent is going to the market and buying a pirated dvd. Buying it is not illegal - selling it is. However if you use torrents then the very nature of the technology means that you are providing while receiving. Hence my recommendation to not use torrents if you want to stay legal.

We're are going very off-topic here but it was always my understanding that downloading was illegal here. I could be wrong though.

We're are going very off-topic here but it was always my understanding that downloading was illegal here. I could be wrong though.

That's IRMA talking. They do talk a lot - and not a lot of what they say is actually correct. This is the organisation who compared music downloaders to drug pushers. I don't give a lot of credence to them. Sharing/publishing/selling copyrighted material is illegal. If you torrent then you fall in that category as being in a torrent means that you are sharing. But the downloading part in itself is perfectly legal (or at least a gray area). There are other ways of getting material without using torrents is the point I was trying to make. And you won't be actually breaking the law yourself by using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

dont think this is allowed be debated, but the TV industry is the only industry to utilise this downloading feature to its benifit,

your constantly getting pilots months in advance of there airing, and we all go on-line saying what we liked and dis-liked about the show, they then go and modify what they can to make the show appeal to a wider audience,

plus what difference does it make if you record it on a VHS or DVD, or the newest biggest way of watching stuff later SKY+ (or tivo if your in america)

distribution is a crime, :)

Advertisement