Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R4 or Acekard or confused????

Options
  • 31-01-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Help - wud love the idea of an R4 but reading here some can be iffy. don't know what im doing so don't need hassle, just simple instructions:D

I know where to order R4 cards, of which I need one for DS and 2 for DSI. Then the software needs simple installation instructions. Or are acekards better? Just don't know where to start:o

Can someone PM or advise here if allowed?? Please and thank you on behalf of my 7 and 9 yr olds:D:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I recommend an Acekard2 for the DS, and an Acekard2i for the DSi.

The AKAIO firmware is vastly superior to the original manufacturer's firmware.

R4's can be a right pain from what I'm reading too, though I do not have first hand experience of them.

DealExtreme is a cheap site for this stuff, but their postage times vary from quickish to mega-slow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I recommend an Acekard2 for the DS, and an Acekard2i for the DSi.

The AKAIO firmware is vastly superior to the original manufacturer's firmware.

R4's can be a right pain from what I'm reading too, though I do not have first hand experience of them.

DealExtreme is a cheap site for this stuff, but their postage times vary from quickish to mega-slow :D

Ok thanks for the info,...

anyone else experience of Acekards?? Is the software easy to install on these too??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

mumof2 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the info,...

anyone else experience of Acekards?? Is the software easy to install on these too??

The software is as easy as a download (google AKAIO) and a copy to the memory card. I suggest you purchase a 2GB or bigger microSD card from DX too, they are dirt cheap :)

Cant find these on Deal extreme (or the R4's), have they a different code / name on the site?:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

backdoor for ordering from this thread

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just tried my Acekard2 (DS Lite), it loads up fine, I can see my backups, I load my back ups fine too, when I get past the first screen or so the screen goes blank and I can still hear whatever music in the background.
    Any ideas what's up???

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Slave1, your backdoor link enables me to order the AceKard2i on DX ok but I can't find any AceKard2's. I need the 2i's for my sons DSi and the 2 for my daughters DS. I also can't find any 8gb microsd cards on DX which they actually have in stock, everything seems to be out of stock.

I've been using DX for a year and they are not performing well at all at the moment. Delayed deliveries, a lot of partial deliveries, stock outages and now withdrawing DS carts all together.

Can you recommend an alternative to DX?

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

I am currently selling AK2i and DSTT - PM if you are interested

have just ordered an R4 card for DS and will post here once its arrived. Hope I can get it going. I only bought 1 to try it out, den will decide which ones to get kids and will keep this one for myself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi,

I really need to buy one AK2 card and one AK2i or DSTT card. I used to buy from DX but they've stopped selling these cards. What alternatives can people recommend?

Ben

• Advertisement

R4 card arrived today. Now to load software onto it - should be fun, since I havn't a clue where to find de games software.........:confused:
    Will keep ye posted!!:D

Advertisement