Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geometry question

Options
  • 31-01-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just got my first pair of glasses - mainly for working with computer but also to correct some near-sightedness in my left eye.

Images and text are very sharp with the glasses and the glare is reduced (with anti-reflective coating) - good so far.

But, I now notice that the geometry of objects on the screen appears distorted. Eg. a rectangular window looks like a parallelogram when wearing the glasses with the apparent length of the right edge seeming to be longer than the left.

Is this a perception issue which I will gradually adjust to or should I be going back to the optician with the glasses?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ponderaabel

I would go back! Could the glasses be too strong?

I m wearing glasses myself and haven't experinced anything like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Foggles

If you just picked them up and it's your first pair then I'd say give it more time. If it hasn't resolved in about 2 weeks then go back for a recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

I didnt go to the the optician for ten years.
    When she checked my eyes she said I may have some trouble adjusting to my new glasses.
    She wasnt wrong, as I turned my head, vertical things were steeply curved.
    Vertigo looking down as well.
    After a few weeks it goes away.
    Even cleverer when you take you glasses off the brain goes into plan B
    and takes the distortion/corrections out.
    Give it a bit more time.

Advertisement