Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i still entitled to free fee's?

Options
  • 31-01-2010 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Hi,i was doing a level 6/7 course a few year's back that i never finished,i failed 2nd year and had no interest in it.I'm now applying to do a level 8 course which i really want to do,will i have to pay full fee's or am i still entitled to free fee's as i haven't completed a degree? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You may have to pay fees for the first year, not sure about second year, but year 3+4 should be paid for you, assuming free fees are still available then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

What about a second chance student? I thought if there was a break of 5 years between the courses, where he didn't finish the last one, he would be entitled to free fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Thanks for the replies.I've also been unemployed for over 18 months so i'm hoping to get the BTEA. They would hardly expect me to pay fee's if i'm on jobseeker's allowance would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    I've also been unemployed for over 18 months so i'm hoping to get the BTEA. They would hardly expect me to pay fee's if i'm on jobseeker's allowance would they?

its not about what your expected to do given certain circumstances, its quite simply if the regulations allow it then you will be entitled, and if not you wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I recently rang UCD and asked this question as I did part of year 1 in 2002. They said that after 5 years I would be entitled to free fees once the government don't change the general rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

I've had mates change from college to IT's and vice versa without completing course's or getting certificate's and not having to pay full fee's so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

Advertisement