Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bracken - with Gabriel Byrne

Options
  • 31-01-2010 3:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi

Been trawling the web looking for info on the bracken tv series but so far found very little. Anyone know if its on boxset anywhere or available anywhere?

Many thanks, not sure if this is the correct place for this but I'll post anyway.

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I doubt RTE even have the master tapes of the show left. RTE often deleted/taped over old shows from what i can gather. Someone told me before that 'fortycoats' was taped over which is why it's never surfaced on video/dvd.

Might be worth firing off an email to RTE to find out,wouldn't do any harm.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tullyjoe

Dead on but I reckon someone has the episodes. Reason is in around 1998/99, can't remember exactly but I started watching this on TnaG and got hooked, think there were several series shown. Early episodes had Pat Barry trying to reclaim bad ground while the later ones had Miley in London. Maybe try TG4 to see if it still exists.

Thanks

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

TnG is worth a shot,i never knew it had been repeated. I only vaguely remember it as a nipper,that and the Riordans.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It still exists in the RTE archive.

There are 12 episodes.

It was repeated on the Lifestyle channel in 1993 and TG4 in 1999.

Why is it not on DVD?

Because it's an RTE production and they hate promoting their archive.

If only it had been made by ITV. If so, Network would have released it by now.

Advertisement