Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

typeface Font info required for web design project

Options
  • 31-01-2010 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,
    As with all noobs - I'm not sure this is the right thread but I can't really see were else to post it.

I need help with identifying a typeface - I only have the lowercase "s" so it is a bit difficult. I have tried all the "identify a font" websites but with no success.

This is the shape of the "s"
    letter-s.jpg

If this is the incorrect thread - them Mods please move and my apologies in advance.
    Thanks,
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Its a "Insignia Alternative" font

Test out your S here http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/insignia/alternative/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aamurray

Thanks Pablod - that's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Unless you're planning on using this in graphics for the site, remember that the fonts for a website are dependent on the fonts installed on the viewer's computer.

There are some font replacement technologies (sIFR and cufon being two), but they're normally only used for headers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aamurray

Thanks, I realise this and the font will be used in a graphic to overcome the problem. I bought it today from Linotype and it was just as it said on the tin.

Thanks Liam for taking the time to reply.
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Advertisement