Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Microsoft Office 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Hyperupdate

Thought this would be handy as beta is a good way to take advantage of microsoft office...i had been doing assignments on it for past few months and it crashed once only...though due to auto save feature on ms office i didnt loose alot...just a few sentences :)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/download-office-professional-plus/default.aspx <
    heres the link to it :)

Im happy with the version I have for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Using it for past couple of months, everything working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

Three things to note:

It does not completely co-exist with Office 2007 - it overwrites Outlook 2007

There are various small bugs in it, and it can get "confused" sometimes and I've had to run a repair on it twice

Despite having registered at least twice, neither of the product codes provided by Microsoft worked - I had to use a generic code I found on the Internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Before I mention this I should point out that you must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode.

Windows XP Mode is like a stand-alone full version of windows xp installed on a virtual computer inside the Windows 7 OS itself. This is what allows me to install and work with Office 2003 in Windows 7 as well as having Office 2010 installed (includiing both versions of outlook).

Well there's eye candy and there's just plain ridiculous! The first thing I did was disable the "taskbar smilies", small annoyance, but seriously- it's an office and productivity suite, and I'm also one of those that doesnt like the damned ribbon.

So for now while 2003 still works for me, I wont be upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well i run on W7 ultimate and run the ms office pro 2010 and none has caused a single problem for a bout a month :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

Running it since the CTP last year, beta is much better.

Very happy with how outlook treats Hotmail this time.

There is a way to get it to co-exist with Office 2007 but at this time, the site I saw it on escapes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

idk never used outlook...always used windows live mail...its much easier to set up and use :)

Advertisement