Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get xp to use my wireless connection

Options
  • 30-01-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

I have both my wired and wireless network connections running at the same time. Is it possible to tell Xp to use one type of connection(the wireless one). Whats happening at the moment is xp gets confused when both are running and is trying to access the internet via the wired connection which is not online.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

cubix wrote: »
    I have both my wired and wireless network connections running at the same time. Is it possible to tell Xp to use one type of connection(the wireless one). Whats happening at the moment is xp gets confused when both are running and is trying to access the internet via the wired connection which is not online.

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure that you can right click the icon for LAN at the bottom right of the screen and click disable, if you can't do it there you can do it in the connection list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

I was hoping that I could have both running at the same time, and just tell xp to use the wireless connection to connect to the net

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Each connection has it's own ip settings, so I don't see how they should get confused when you try to load a web page. Xp should know that the wired network has no gateway, and use the wireless one instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

What kind of setup do you want to achieve? How is the hardware setup? Is it just 2 pc's linked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Change the metric on the Wireless one to lower than the Wired and that "should" do it but no quarantines

• Advertisement
Advertisement