Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advise or help please

Options
  • 30-01-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm having the mother of all battles with my home network and need some advise or assistance.

I'm on vodafone home broadband, works fine. I've a Zyxel Prestige 600 modem. It feeds directly via CAT5 to a US Robotics USRXX5462. From the Robotics I'm feeding via CAT5 two pc and via the Wireless the laptops around the house.

Yesterday I plugged in a Netgear Stora and the problems started, I can see the Stora and the other PC's around the house but while the pc's can connect to the internet the Stora just sits there. What I'm trying to do is put together a home network, both CAT5 and Wireless where all pc's on the network can connect to each other, the Stora and the internet.

So do I need switch or will the Robotics do the job :confused::confused:

Appreciate any assistance you can give,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 brianoconnell

Hi,

I think you need to say a bit more about what you want the stora to do. If you can see it on your home network, at lest it's networking is working. What more do you want it to do?

Brian

Advertisement