Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixer question

Options
  • 30-01-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hey guys,

just wondering is it possible to control ableton using your standard club mixer? Just need to be able to crossfade and use EQ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Nope your not gona be able to control it with a basic club mixer unfortunately. your gona have to use a Midi controler which is a digital mixer. you can pick them up very cheap.

Check these lads out. great value and M-Audio are really good.

this is just a basic mixer your can assign to different things, wouldnt be the best for abelton but if your just cross fading it would be grand. you would have to check the spec first.
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/maudio_xsession_pro.htm

This mixer is made for abelton has all the bells and whistles, not a bad price either and its good quality.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/evolution_uc33e_usbcontroller.htm

I dont dj with software but theres loads of lads on here that use laptops etc that would be happy to give you adive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You can, if it's a DJM 800

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

With a dual out soundcard you could put deck A through Out1 and Deck B through out2 and then discard the software fader and just a hard fader, same for the eq's. Least I think you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

With a dual out soundcard you could put deck A through Out1 and Deck B through out2 and then discard the software fader and just a hard fader, same for the eq's. Least I think you can.

As long as Ableton has the option to use a 2 channel soundcard then you can, it's what I do for Traktor, along with a controller.

Advertisement