Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary Documents...

Options
  • 30-01-2010 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Right its coming down to the wire... but I think im on top of things
    im just a little confused about the Supplementary Documents.

I have copies of all my previous education results, and a letter of ref from an employer which is relevant to the courses im applying to.

Im applying to 2 courses but cant seem to find any specifics about what to post into the cao. And people here seem to mention 'personal statements' and CVs etc.

Tha hand book says
    "If you apply online, instructions about the submission
    of any additional documentation will appear on
    screen. Such documents must arrive in CAO within
    seven days of the submission of the online
    application"

Nothings come up on my screen about additional documents on my application page. Does this mean I dont need to send any in ??? :confused:

I was under the impression I would have to send some stuff in. The courses im applying to require you to apply directly to the cao and not directly to the colleges. I dont know anyone else applying so dont have anyone to ask!! :( (this post wasn't supposed to be so long!)

Thanks and good luck to everyone applying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Send them via post, and put your name and app number you received on each document, these docs need to be in by Monday..... Are you near Galway, you could personally drop them in quicker.... I don't know what happens if your late, maybe there is a few days grace? Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

I was in the same boat as you, hoping that somewhere along the application process it would tell me what docs to send in. But it never did, so I just sent in a photocopy of my LC results and a transcript of my degree results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Most people send the following:

CV
    Personal statement
    Any 3rd level/Fetac awards
    ^Transcripts^
    References
    Any other certificates or courses

If you done your LC after 85 then only your leaving cert exam number is required.

Basically anything that can help paint a picture of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doop

Thanks for the advice, thought I might get away with out having to send anything in! but ill send what you mentioned redout. Gotta get wrinting a personal statement so!

Going send it it in by swifpost on Monday, it'll have to do! and I couldnt be further from Galway (in Oz!)

Thanks again

Advertisement