Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish so far...

Options
  • 30-01-2010 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

So what have people been catching since the new year on the coast?? Have caught just the one whiting myself unfortunately, so im eager to hear what people have been reeling in..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Loads of Codling to about 4 pound, Whiting to a pound or so. poor cod, coalie, Shore rockling, 3 beard Rockling Dab, Flounder and scorpion fish, i think that's it so far, hopefully i add another 1 or 2 to the list tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

Nice, wish i could enlarge my list but unfortunately the only place i sea fish is dun laoighre, mainly because its the only spot i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

pretty much caught the whole species list again today without the poor cod,

There is plenty of places near Dun Laoighre to try Dalkey, Kiliney, Greystones North and south beaches,

also if you drive try the Wicklow / Arklow beaches

Bray harbour and wicklow harbours are good for small species

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

peterk19 wrote: »
    pretty much caught the whole species list again today without the poor cod,

There is plenty of places near Dun Laoighre to try Dalkey, Kiliney, Greystones North and south beaches,

also if you drive try the Wicklow / Arklow beaches

Bray harbour and wicklow harbours are good for small species

Thanks peter, appreciate the info.

Advertisement