Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is it too early to tell?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm 6 weeks pregnant :D I'm dying to tell my parents, they are screaming out for a grandchild!

I'm going to see them next weekend, when I'll be 7 weeks, and I mightnt see them again for another month. I was thinking of telling them and my sisters, but no one else until I have the scan done.

Is it too early to tell do you think, or when did you tell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I told my parents and himself's parents as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I didn't see the point in waiting around as I'm not superstitious and I felt that if something did happen that I would need to support of my family around me.

It's totally up to you when you tell people. Only thing is, my mam got on the phone to people straight away to spread the news which kind of pissed me off!!

There's no hard and fast rules of when you tell people, you decide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

I'm 6 weeks pregnant :D I'm dying to tell my parents, they are screaming out for a grandchild!

I'm going to see them next weekend, when I'll be 7 weeks, and I mightnt see them again for another month. I was thinking of telling them and my sisters, but no one else until I have the scan done.

Is it too early to tell do you think, or when did you tell?

Firstly congrats :)

Its totally up to you when you want to tell, some people wait till the 12 weeks are up you've had your first scan and all is safe ;)

I didnt tell anyone for weeks after I found out, but only cause I needed to get my own head around the idea of being a mum first, but if she was planned I probably couldnt have waited too long to spread the good news :D

Best of luck to you and your little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HappyDays2010

I'm kinda lucky that I know my mam and dad wouldnt tell I soul if I told them not to. Only problem is, if we tell my folks we'll have to tell df folks and his mother will be telling the bloody postman before long!!!

I know everyone says wait till the 12 weeks are up, but I think thats impossible with close family. I'm absolutely DYING to tell them. I think I will go ahead and tell them next weekend :D

Thanks Lolly. I will definitely be waiting until the 12 weeks are up until I tell work and friends in work, but I'll be telling close friends after the scan at 10 weeks I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Thanks Lolly. I will definitely be waiting until the 12 weeks are up until I tell work and friends in work, but I'll be telling close friends after the scan at 10 weeks I think :)

It is pretty exciting for most, so I can understand how you feeling so excited to tell, and your family can be of support to you too during that time if you decide to tell them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

when my wife first fell pregnant we told our parents at 5/6 weeks but it was an under the hat job.

When the 12 weeks came along we told everyone.

on my side everybody relished in our good fortune and the jokes on my parents been grandparents and how we have now great grandparents in the family etc all the jokes in the world and great memories.

on her side it was "oh ya your mother told us" such a let down and no party atmosphere to the news when considering her aunts/cousins are her best friends the news was old news then.

btw congrats

Thanks gerry :)

That sounds just like how it will be on his side! His mam and dad have grandkids already, so while I know they'll be delighted for us, as this is our 1st, it wont be the same excitement as on my side. My poor mam and dad are crying out for grandkids and non of my sisters have had any kids. I'm the last hope!!:eek:

Looking forward to next weekend to tell them now!:D

Advertisement