Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a clueless American?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello, all!
    I recently sent in my TCD application by post and have received confirmation that it is being reviewed. But I'm very, very worried.

I applied for three different courses that involve English, and of course each requires a stellar English grade for any chance of admission.

I am from America, and I have an English Literature SATII score of 740... but I don't have an AP English exam score. Is an SAT II good enough, or will I be rejected flat out due to a lack of the bare minimum requirements? :eek: :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

I wouldn't worry.
    The bare minimun requirements for the English grade are actually quite low, it's your total score (SATs I'm guessing) that will mostly determine if you get in. 740 verbal is great so I'm sure you'd be fine.
    Plus, you'll be paying fees - they'd be glad to have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Plus, you'll be paying fees - they'd be glad to have you.

This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 helloluc

haha thank you. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I have another sort of related question. I keep hearing that many students hear from Trinity during the summer. They receive decisions in August... is this true? TCD is my top choice, but by summer time, I would have had to decline all of my UCAS offers and acceptances from American unis, which makes me nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brunhein

As an American senior in highschool who will be attending TCD next year I can tell you this...I've already received my packet and whatnot from admissions with housing application and other stuff. The office will get back to you long before summer

Advertisement