Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowball Pass for Skiing in Morzine

Options
  • 29-01-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,

I'm going skiing on 6th Feb 2010 to France. We're staying in Morzine and skiing in the Portes du Soleil area. Does anyone know if it's worth purchasing a Snowball Pass (€16) when based in Morzine? What is your experience with it? They say you can only use one pass per person .....does that mean one person could buy three drinks (the no of pers in our group) and avail of the discount?

If you know of any other way to get discounts in the pubs/shops/restaurants that would be a great help.

Any assistance/guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Orlaith

The link for the Snowball Pass website

http://www.snowballpass.com/avoriazlisting.html#mountain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Boardrunner

Hi Orlaith,

I've got some advice on this as I bought a pass before xmas for Meribel.

I'm just glad someone has done something about the high resort prices and our group saved loads in Meribel over the new year. In total about 280€. We had 2 passes for a group of 4 and it was cool. I think it should be one each, but all the businesses were happy for us to use it. I think for you you could get away with one, but 2 defo. We had a couple of funny looks as there was 4 of us, but they all let it slide.

They don't have Morzine listed? But if you are out in Avoriaz drinking it's gonna be good I think. We never had a problem anywhere using it. We got 35% off equipment hire online through a special link they sent us which was higher by about 5% than any other company and we got one of those fairfx cards for free from them. That saved us about 6% on the ski pass.

For me, it worked in meribel, I have no idea about the other resorts, but i can assume it does the same in those too. I hope they expand to other countries, i know they say andorra is online soon and they have a lift pass discount there, so we will see, but it's about time someone did this.

Hope I helped,

Gary

Advertisement