Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kia Sorrento Commercial

Options
  • 29-01-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi I'm thinking about getting one of these 2nd hand probably 05-07. I've been told that the EX model is the one to go for. Does anyone have any experience of the Sorrento or any advice on buying one? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Kia can be absolute balls of muck.

Theres good stories about them,but theres ALOT of bad stories about them and dodgey parts on them.

Sedona and Sorento are the 2 worst for the bad stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

A sister garage of the company I work for deals in Kia and I have heard very little horror stories about them.

I DoE test them on a regular enough basis and there is very little ever wrong with them. I have noticed steering racks do be damp in some of them and they can suffer from a handbrake imbalance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭rossi272

Slidey wrote: »
    A sister garage of the company I work for deals in Kia and I have heard very little horror stories about them.

I DoE test them on a regular enough basis and there is very little ever wrong with them. I have noticed steering racks do be damp in some of them and they can suffer from a handbrake imbalance.

Thanks, yeah my wife drives a diesel kia cee'd sw and we have not had any problems with it over the last two years. I was hoping we might find the same reliability with a sorrento

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ive done 32k miles in mine over the last year and never had a major problem, it passed its DOE there last week on the 2nd run (1st time the hand brake pivot had siezed due to the grit/salt etc... ) but thats the only problem ive had with it, once you service them they run brilliantly, i can get 32mpg out of mine as i do a lot of motorway driving, even with the automatic box, , they handle brilliantly in muck and other light off roading situations (cant answer for propper offroading as its never been through that), selling my 04 and getting an 07 within the next month great car.

Advertisement