Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-labour wax and tidy...!!!

Options
  • 29-01-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Ladies
    I was at my antenatal yoga class last week and one of the ladies there was mentioning how painful it was to have her "pre-labour waxing and tidying" of her neither regions done. To be honest, I haven't thought too much about the look of my neither regions for a few weeks since I stopped being able to see my bikini line due to the big bump obstructing my view. It kinda knocked me for six really... I have 12 weeks to go and now i'm all paranoid about keeping legs shaved and everything neat and tidy down there in case I go into labour (not easy when i can't see what i'm doing and i've never been professionally waxed and have tried waxing once myself with painful results....)!! Do most women think about neither region grooming pre labour? I thought that the healthcare professionals would have seen it all by now and wouldn't be fussed one way or another, but I don't want to be the butt of the midwives coffee morning jokes over my jungle, should labour strike before I have a chance to groom!!! Any thoughts or funny stories or advice greatly appreciated :).
    MusRo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My god, I never even thought of that! It was bothering me that I can't see down there for a trim alright, but the thoughts of a wax.....ow:eek: I'm sure the nurses and docs have seen everything and there's so much else going to be going on, they're not going to care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I, eh, "trimmed" down there the night before I went in as I was being induced the next day, never thought of it otherwise. Immaced my legs too. I hadn't got a bump though so it was easy for me!! I've no idea what to do this time around, I've lost sight of that area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I'm planning on keeping my legs shaved and the lady area tidy. But that's just for me, because I feel less self-conscious if I think I look well :-) No waxing...sounds horrible!
    Don't really care what midwives think to be honest...They have to deal with piss and sh!t, I'm sure some hair where it is meant to grow does not bother them :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm sure the midwives wouldn't give a toss about it, they've seen it all. If you'd feel better about it, would it be possible to ask someone to shave your legs for you, like your partner/mum/sister/friend? Not sure whether or not you could ask them to trim 'down there' ;), but if you can't see it, then definitely don't attempt any DIY. I'd say if you've never had a bikini wax before, the weeks leading up to giving birth would probably not be the best time to start. My SIL was considering it, but then backed out because she left it very close to her due date, and she said if her waters broke while she was getting waxed, she'd be mortified :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Toots* wrote: »
    My SIL was considering it, but then backed out because she left it very close to her due date, and she said if her waters broke while she was getting waxed, she'd be mortified :pac:

That is hilarious I had the same thoughts recently!

I've never been waxed before and was half thinking about it but kept having visions of my waters breaking at the wrong moment! :rolleyes::o:D

I can't really see down there, think I might trim it alright but just for myself.
    I need to shave my legs but finding it so hard to bend over to do it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

first time i had a baby i was being induced...so i made sure i was freshly clean and shaved for the event.....only to end up pooing all over the midwife...and so did my son

second time i woke up with contractions, had a shower and a shave....and pooed all over the midwife...and so did my son (she had to have a shower LOL)

this time...i can't be arsed! i can't even reach or see so even if i did try it would look stupid and i'd probably cut my bits to bits...so stuff it LOL. midwife wont notice how tidy you are down there when in labour...even if you dont poo all over her :D

sorry about the TMI...but best to be prepared ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Reading this thread reminded me of my story when I went into have my daughter 9 years ago.. I was having an elective C section so had my date a few weeks beforehand..

The night before I went in my mother advised me to shave EVERYTHING off, so off I went with my partner where he did the job for me, I was as bald as a coot!!

Arrived into hospital and when given my bed the midwife said someone would be down to shave me, all proud of myself I told her that I had already shaven it all off the night before to which she replied (with a badly suppressed laugh) 'all?' which I replied 'yes that what my mother told me'.

I was then told all that is needed to be shaved is about a half inch, that the 'all shaved off' wasn't done anymore! I then text the daddy to be ' I didnt need a plucking all I needed was a good f******'!!!!!':)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That is hilarious I had the same thoughts recently!

I've never been waxed before and was half thinking about it but kept having visions of my waters breaking at the wrong moment! :rolleyes::o:D

I can't really see down there, think I might trim it alright but just for myself.
    I need to shave my legs but finding it so hard to bend over to do it :rolleyes:

It was funny afterwards cos she was really freaking out about it, she had this image of the waters breaking halfway through and having to go to hospital with one side done and the other side hairy! I was trying to tell her that when the time came I was sure that would be the last thing on her mind. The funniest bit of it was the day she went into labour was the day she had been due to go to the waxers (but she'd cancelled it)!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Classic!! Darthhoob that is gas, just goes to show there really is no point worrying about pruning down below so with all else that is going on!

m'lady - my mam did that too when she went in for a hysterectomy a few years ago, she thought they shaved you before the op but they don't, she was mortified! :o:D

Toots - that is mad, imagine if she hadn't cancelled the appointment :eek: now I'm DEFINITELY not considering a wax this side of labour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I was sent home from the hosptial when I went the first time my contractions started so before I went back in I had a shower and a shave and did a bit of immacing but by the time I was in the throes of labour I couldn't/wouldn't have cared less about the state of my bikini line and I doubt the midwives do either.

I have to say that this pregnancy I would glady present myself with the most overgrown bikini line around if it meant I didn't end up pooing during labour, like I did first time around! That for me was by far the most embarrassing detail of giving birth and I hope there isn't a repeat performance. Although the midwives took it all in their stride! I only gave birth last March so if I get the same midwife, I think I'll die! Morto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

lol. had the professional brazilian 1 week before my son was due 3 yrs ago, but he was so late that you would never know by the time i got there! and it was the least painful wax i ever had!
    didn't bother with daughter 1 yr ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm a midwife and I've seen it all! No we don't care! And we certainly don't talk about womens bits and bobs over coffee!

Hope that puts your minds at rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

This is such a funny thread!!!:D

I had my boy 4 weeks ago on wed.. i was due on christmas eve and on chrismas morning i had period like pain and decided this was it.. so into the bath with me and shaved like a legend.. only i hadn't shaved the nether regions in a few months and my skin had gotten so sensitive when i shaved my legs they got really itchy.. needless to say i broke out in a massive shaving rash and i looked like i had a disease!!:D:D:D i was glad in a way he was 2 weeks late it was almost healed up by then!! my husband is still slagging me about it and the midwife did ask me if i had waxed!!:eek::D I was mortified!! LOL

oh and i pooed on all 3 deliveries... and i didn't give a goddamn as long as what was meant to come out did

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

Thanks ladies for the stories and the laughs :). I'm amazed at the kind of nonsense that is going through my head at the moment... 11 1/2 weeks to go and I think i'm reading too many books and blogs and listening to too many stories at the moment. I guess i must be in hormone overdrive at the moment... I've even baked twice in the last two weeks!! This is un-heard of!! OH doesn't know what has hit him ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

cbyrd wrote: »
    This is such a funny thread!!!:D

I had my boy 4 weeks ago on wed.. i was due on christmas eve and on chrismas morning i had period like pain and decided this was it.. so into the bath with me and shaved like a legend.. only i hadn't shaved the nether regions in a few months and my skin had gotten so sensitive when i shaved my legs they got really itchy.. needless to say i broke out in a massive shaving rash and i looked like i had a disease!!:D:D:D i was glad in a way he was 2 weeks late it was almost healed up by then!! my husband is still slagging me about it and the midwife did ask me if i had waxed!!:eek::D I was mortified!! LOL

oh and i pooed on all 3 deliveries... and i didn't give a goddamn as long as what was meant to come out did

LOL i did that yesterday and a couple of weeks ago! only my legs though..the bush can stay :pac: being induced on monday but been getting pains and when i do i buff up a little.

toilet etiquette goes completely out the window during labour! even worse if you try to induce labour by having a very hot curry the night before, followed by pineapple...which is why my last midwife needed a shower LOL :pac:

Advertisement