Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone try the Penney's thermo layers?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

Wondering if the Thermo/base layer tops and trousers in Penneys are any good or am I better off buying them from TKMaxx? When I was in TKMaxx I saw the ski socks - are these necessary or can you just wear normal thick or slipper/fleece socks. I was disappointed to see that Penneys or Dunnes (swords) dont have the big woolly hats with the tassles that cover your ears anymore so has anyone seen cheap ones around?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Normal thick socks should do the job for you. Just avoid doubling up. Will not be pleasant. Where are you going and what's the temp going to be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

The Penny's stuff should be fine. TKMaxx can be very hit and miss. There are bargains, but you can also pay over the odds if you are not careful.

I would buy proper ski socks, but two pairs is all you need.

I'd bank on hiring a helmet, so you don't need a hat for skiing.

Advertisement