Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i update my iphone???

Options
  • 29-01-2010 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi,

I bought an i phone about 6 months ago, unlocked, from a shop in town. It is unlocked to any network. However im just wondering if i can use the update from itunes to make it 3.1.0 or something like that, i heard if you try to update it , it could lock the phone??? i have pandademon on the phone and cydia, i dont know if that means its jailbroken or not???

any help would be great, cheers!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

You can update it, but your going to need to re-jailbreak it and unlock it again yourself.

It's not as hard as it sounds. Back up your iPhone just to be safe. Go to http://www.blackra1n.com/ and download the installer for your operating system.

1. Connect your iPhone and close itunes.
    2. Run Blackra1n and click 'make it ra1n'
    3. Your iPhone should be jailbroken now.
    4. On the phone go to the newly installed Blackra1n application and install Blacksn0w.
    5. If everything goes smoothly, you should now have a 3.1.2 unlocked iPhone again.

Check out the thread at the top of this forum for further info and questions on unlocking your iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

For backing up your cydia apps there is an app called aptbackup (yes that is correctly spelt)
    Or use Rock instead of cydia (can be installed via cydia) and register with them, they will keep track of all apps installed, very handy when you need to restore.Personally I've never used aptbackup so I can speak for it but I have used rock a few times, mostly for transfering my list of installed apps onto my friends device but its the same idea.

One thing I will say is DONT PAY for the iPhone to be unlocked\jailbroken, it is the simplest thing in the world to do just as Paddy above has already said.

Advertisement