Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Fees Citywest Plaza

Options
  • 29-01-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm thinking of buying an apartment in Citywest Plaza. Does anyone know what the management fees are? I've seen on another forum that they were 1800 then 2500 but this went back to 08 and early 09. Seems a crazy amount. I'm buying on the affordable housing and did not factor this in. A friend of mine got a place in rathfarnham and hers were only 700/800. How can it be such a varience. I understand it depends on different things but there is no gardens so no maintence required here. Also do you know if it has to be paid up front or is it in installments? Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Management fees for developments can be vastly different. The only way to find out is to contact the management agent.

You could also check neighbours.ie

As for how to pay, technically it should be paid in advance, but many management companies allow you to pay by installments.

Again, ask the management agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 karensgal

I'll check that out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Even within a development fees can vary, normally depending on the size of the property.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It is not just the amount of the fees you need to look at. You should get a copy of the annual statement and see where the money is being spent. If there is no or no adequate sinking fund, the service charge may be small for a few years and then shoot up when a major problem arises. If there are lifts in a block they can be very costly. Some blocks need more security than others which can push up charges. Also anti social behavior such as damage and graffiti as well as dumping of waste can add greatly to the charges. Each apartment block should be examined to check for maintenance heavy features.

Advertisement