Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiesto in the 02. Seating ticket?

Options
  • 29-01-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know what the story is for tiesto if you have a seating ticket. As in any way of getting into the standing area.

My buddy got a seating ticket as thats all thats left but he enters through entrance 2, i have standing and go through entrance 1.

I remember tiesto in the point a few years ago and a few of us had seating so a few would go in to standing and one would come back out with stubs for the rest to get in. Will there be a smoking area or something where we can exchange tickets again does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Suppose it depends on how the bouncers are. If they're being wankers, which I imagine they might be in the O2 for Tiesto, your chances are slim. If they being sound it'll probably be easy enough to go between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

It was easy before anyway, just wondering like is the smoking area the same in the o2 for both sitting in standing.

if it is i can just go out with a standing stub from one of the other lads and give it to the guy with a seating ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I was at a gig in the O2 last May, and both tickets types went through both doors. They were separated doors but both eventually wound up in the standing area. Like a rugby match, standing got you into the grounds while you needed seated to get into the stands.

At least that's how it was for that concert, might have changed given the clientel that Tiesto brings in here in Ireland. Shuuddddeeer

EDIT: And something just occurred to me, I amn't sure the O2 has a smoking area. At least I didn't see or hear of one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

The standing ticket or seating ticket situation is no problem.

Once you and someone else or a group are through on your own ticket, go back out and have a few of your friend's tickets for the rest of the crew and in they go. No problem at all.

Smoking area used to be at the side, on the quay part when it was the point. Having not been into the O2 I obviously can't say for sure now but the principle remains the same. Use your noggin' and all will be good. Have a blast! :D

I always found security at the O2 to be tight but they are decent enough so you shouldn't have a problem.

On a minor note, a seated ticket will get you the best view of the show by a long shot. The O2's standing area slightly slopes from the stage back, as a result at the back your about a foot lower than the person at the front. I'm 6" 4" and I had trouble seeing the stage from the back.

So, my advice is get to the front or stand at the very back. The back is excellent as the sound is great and you can move around freely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Never managed to get through, there are stewards at the bottom of all the stairwells. Worth a shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

If they're being wankers, which I imagine they might be in the O2 for Tiesto,

Is this because they'll be forced to listen to Tiesto? :pac:

If they're being ****, which I imagine they might be in the O2 for Tiesto,

Its not about being ****. Its about security. Lets be honest.. Tiesto doesn't exactly bring out the social gliterary in Ireland anyway. Funny though that in mainland Europe you don't get the same crowd.

Advertisement