Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mattress

• 29-01-2010 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Morning all from a very tired Millie.
    We bought a new mattress during the week and I don't think I like it.
    I kept waking up during the night and sort of wriggling about in it and this morning I feel like me back is out of sorts.
    Do you reckon it's just a case of "breaking" it in or did we just buy a ****e mattress.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Millie wrote: »
    Morning all from a very tired Millie.
    We bought a new mattress during the week and I don't think I like it.
    I kept waking up during the night and sort of wriggling about in it and this morning I feel like me back is out of sorts.
    Do you reckon it's just a case of "breaking" it in or did we just buy a ****e mattress.

How much did u pay for it Millie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

yop wrote: »
    How much did u pay for it Millie?

€280 I just don't think it is as thick as my last one and think I will hate it forever. It has put me in bad bloody much which is no easy fate on a Friday!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Millie wrote: »
    €280 I just don't think it is as thick as my last one and think I will hate it forever. It has put me in bad bloody much which is no easy fate on a Friday!

bad bloody... is it cutting you lol

mood is missing there ;)

Thats not cheap in fairness. Never had any issue with new mattresses we bought, one was a memory foam and the other an orthopedic. Spent about 400 on the memory and 350 on the orthopedic.
    What you could do is go shop and try a few more, maybe its "too cheap" and not an "every day" mattress as opposed to a "guest mattress".

Thanks yop, as I don't have any other bed I could put it on it seems we are stuck with it for a while.
    I'll give it a few weeks but if it's still wreaking the mood :D then out the door it's going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

if you have a spare quilt you could put the quilt under your sheet, this will make it a bit softer, and im sure you'll have a better nights sleep.

• Advertisement

mossie110 wrote: »
    if you have a spare quilt you could put the quilt under your sheet, this will make it a bit softer, and im sure you'll have a better nights sleep.

Thanks Mossie, the problem with this is I overheat in the bed very easily!
    I mean -10 outside and I wake up cos I'm too warm in the bed.

My friend was telling me about mattress toppers so I might invest in one this week and hope for the best.

Advertisement